Match.com has a fake problem. That is, they have a problem with fake accounts and there is a clear reason why they have, for years, refused to do a single thing about it.
A Little About Me
The Analysis and Solution
- The age being picked lately is 29. While fake accounts use many ages, this one is picked most often.
- The profile has one paragraph. It is comprised of a few sentences, typically picked randomly from a list of about 30 as far as I can tell.
- The profile has one picture.
- The age range of the men the profile is looking for is typically in the early 30s to 50s. This clearly gets it in the right searches for its purpose.
- The requirements for the profile's match are never filled in except the height, which is set at the maximum range. I suspect this is because the bots only fill in the first field.
Unfortunately I am unable to read messages on this site so you can emal me at nnak06 a gmal and send me a wink so I know who I'm taking to.
The Smoking Gun: Top Spot
I appreciate the time you've taken to contact Match about your general concerns with the site. Please be assured, Match.com does not send members misleading notifications, e-mails or winks professing romantic interest. We have too much respect for our members to ever compromise their trust. I can assure you that we are absolutely interested in pursuing any situation involving those who attempt to use our site in dishonest ways. We have a dedicated team that works diligently to identify and remove these kinds of members. Unfortunately, though, some of them still manage to get a few emails out, which is why we appreciate it so much when you take the time to let us know about the situations you see that we may not have caught. In the future, you're welcome to streamline your reports by using the "Report a Concern" link on the member's profile. This will send your report directly to our security team that can open a case immediately and take the right action. Unfortunately, privacy policies stop us from being able to share with you what actions we take, but this really is the fastest way to ensure that the situation is addressed appropriately. Thank you so much for what you are doing to help us in this area. For more information, feel free to review our Online Dating Safety Tips.